Hello, beautiful writer friends!
I’ve been thinking about the small steps we might take in our writing journey. The question of the day is this—What am I doing today that will feed my writer soul?
No idea what that might be? Sometimes we forget the building blocks of our writer souls, but I’ve got some ideas. Try some of these:
- Read something today (learn about craft, storytelling, successful writing strategies; notice the signage around you; try reading an encouraging blog, thread, etc.).
- Observe the characters surrounding you today (their appearance, mannerisms, obvious emotional states).
- Observe the environment around you (notice the floor plan, decoration, building materials).
- Listen closely to the casual dialog that surrounds you (vernacular, tone, communication styles, emotions conveyed).
- Imagine telling a short story about the moment you’re sitting in right now (find the significance in the moment, even if it seems boring).
Just some thoughts for you today. Remember that you can always think like a writer, even when you’re not actively adding words to the count.
Thanks for stopping by. If you’re feeding your writer soul and mind in a fresh way, share what that is for you. We can all use the encouragement and fresh ideas! Comment below, share at the Facebook page or Tweet away!